Posted on: October 27, 2016
71st Annual BVL/VA Bowling Tournament
- Held annually each spring over a four-week period since 1946.
- Open to all veterans registered as an in-patient or outpatient at Veteran’s Affairs Medical Centers nationwide.
- Seven divisions separate teams based on affiliation, age and physical restrictions of participants.
- Hospitals may enter as many teams in as many divisions as can be fielded.
- Team event, with 45 games total bowled by up to five regular team members and three alternates.
- Rules are according to the United States Bowling Congress.
- The tournament is coordinated locally at the VAMC’s by Recreation Therapy Services or Voluntary Service staff members.
- It is not necessary to sign up to participate, simply submit completed scores (no more than 45 games total) on the BVL website.
- Each team member will receive a certificate of participation.
- Medals are awarded to the top three teams in each division. Additionally, the winning teams receive a stipend for an awards ceremony and refreshments. The stipends are as follows: First Place $75.00, Second Place $50.00, Third Place $25.00.
BVL is proud to be recognized by these organizations: